Using cygwin headers/libraries in MS compiled programs

Folks,

Apologies for the dumb question and  please re-direct if there is a better
forum.

How do I use cygwin *.h and *.dll in MS console programs?

If I include <sys/cygwin.h> in a MS program I get many conflicts between
the cygwin CRT and MS CRT stuff.  Is my only options to "port" the headers
to MS and dynamically load the cygwin functions with LoadLibrary()?

What calling conventions do I need for cygwin functions in MS compiled
code?

All I really want is cygwin_conv_path() so that my MS programs can accept
cygwin paths.

Regards, Neil