Re: AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337

On 02/14/2010 11:14 PM, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:

<snip>

I see. Well, try my suggestions. If that doesn't help, check for things
getting in your way, like <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>. You can
also start a command prompt and invoke 'bash --login -i' and see if you
get any feedback.

I have checked the BLODA list and got rid of symantec to the best of my
ability. (uninstalled program using windows unistaller,
searched for and deleted any thing with symantec in it's file name.

When I run the cygwin.bat file it just dies ( from desktop, a window
opens then disappears, from the cokmmand prompt nothing.)

I have attached the setup logs, which indicate that there is abnormal
exits from some postinstall shells.

What can I try now?

I see a number of postinstall scripts failing. Does 'cygcheck -s -r -v' show multiple cygwin1.dlls? If not, it's probably worthwhile *attaching* the cygcheck results to any follow-up email.

Holliston, MA 01746