Re: Fetchmail call to procmail no longer works under Cygwin 1.7.1-1

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Gary wrote:
>> If I pipe one message into procmail with:
>>
>> Â Â Â procmail -v -d tbaker <msg.mbox
>>
>> procmail reports:
>>
>> Â Â Â Locking strategies: Â Â dotlocking, fcntl()
>> Â Â Â Default rcfile: Â Â Â Â $HOME/.procmailrc
>> Â Â Â Your system mailbox: Â Â/var/spool/mail/TBaker
>>
>> and appends the message to the file /var/spool/mail/TBaker,
>> ignoring the recipe in $HOME/.procmailrc.
>
> Oh. Actually I thought procmail was not suppose to deliver when given -v
>    -v  Procmail Âwill Âprint its version number, display its compile time
> Â Â Â Â Â Âconfiguration and exit.  (from the man page)

My mistake.  It did just display and exit.  The appended message
was indeed from the next command I executed (below).

>> This also does not work:
>>
>> Â Â Â procmail -d tbaker <msg.mbox
>
> Can you be a bit more specific? Is anything added to the procmail log?
> You could also add VERBOSE=on on the command line for more
> info. http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/pm-tips.html recommends
> Â Â ÂLOGFILE Â Â = $PMSRC/pm.log
> Â Â ÂLOGABSTRACT = "all"
> Â Â ÂVERBOSE Â Â = "on"
> in the .procmailrc.

I have had logs set up all along, and have now made them verbose.
When I execute

   Â Â Â procmail -d tbaker <test.mbox

-- On the netbook, it gets correctly delivered by procmail and verbosely
   described in the log.

-- On the desktop, the message gets appended to /var/spool/mail/TBaker,
   and nothing is written into the log.  None of the tests I have done
   on the desktop have been recorded in the log. The same log
   directory exists on both machines - I have been using the same
   log filename for several years as the entire directory structure
   got passed back and forth between the two machines.

Tom

Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>