Re: Max no of parallel SSH sessions with Cygwin SSHD

On Feb 24 10:02, Girish Sadhani wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to use Cygwin SSHD in my project. I have defined a
> subsystem under SSHD which gets accessed by the client.
>
> Each subsystem invocation spawns 3 processes (1 sshd + 1sh + 1 tclsh).
>
> I have observed that on WinXP only 22 parallel sessions are possible
> whereas on a Win2k3 server 48 parallel sessions are possible. Both are
> of a similar hardware configuration (3Ghz CPU, 2GB RAM). After which
> it seems like some resource allocation limit is reached, though there
> is a lot more Memory and CPU available. I have tried increasing the
> heap allocation but it does not help the situation.
>
> 1. My question is that why is there a difference between the 2 OSs ?
> 2. Does XP have resource allocation lower limits than win2k3 server ?
> 3. How can this be overcome ? (some OS settings ..)

I have no idea if that helps, but it could be related to the Windows
subsystem settings in the registry There are three values in an argument
called SharedSection which define default heap sizes.  The third one is
the value which would influence a sshd started as service.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184802

Corinna

Red Hat