Re: Cygwin's svn appends unwanted .exe to file name on checkout

On 2/26/2010 3:49 AM, Alan wrote:
> A windows exe file is checked into a svn repository and the file name
> does not end in .exe. On checkout .exe is appended to the file name
> even though subversion output shows the expected file name.

I cannot reproduce this problem. I used the notepad.exe executable that
came with Windows XP as my exe. I've attached my attempt to reproduce
the problem as a script. Would you run it in a new directory and report
the output?

> 802593373@BTG245549 /cygdrive/c/svn-test-exe
> $ svn list file:///C:/svn-test-repo

At first, I was suspicious of the URL, thinking that the DOS syntax was
causing an issue, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Nevertheless,
I suggest you try the Cygwin-style for your URL:
file:///cygdrive/c/svn-test-repos

"Oh what wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face..."
                -- a prisoner in "Life of Brian"