Re: setfacl fails to replace ACLs when given a pathname starting with a drive letter

DePriest, Jason R. <jrdepriest <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Francis Litterio wrote:
> > I notice that setfacl does not change the ACLs of a file when given a
> > pathname starting with a drive letter (e.g., c:/temp/zzz), but it will work
> > when given a UNIX-style pathname (e.g., /cygdrive/c/temp/zzz).  Example
> > below.  Is this a known problem?
>
> I'm pretty sure it is more of a feature than a problem.
>
> The path of c:/temp/zzz doesn't have any meaning in POSIX.  I suppose
> we're lucky Cygwin supports that format for *any* actions.

But it used to work.  I noticed this after updating to the latest release.

If the drive-letter form of the pathname is not acceptable to the tool, it
should complain, but (like most Cygwin utilities) it probably doesn't care about
the syntax of the pathname, as long as open(2) accepts it.
--
Fran