RE: missing paths

First off, I cannot run cygcheck and give you the results.  My machine is completely disconnected from the internet and has no external write capability.

I installed 1.7.1 on a machine that already had 1.5.  The machine is a dual quad core Intel box running 64 bit XP.

After installation, I launched the rxvt BASH shell.

The shell came up in the wrong directory (/usr/bin), but upon the âcdâ command, went to the appropriate location declared in the /etc/passwd file.

At that point, I tried running a simple command, ssh.  The system said âbash: ssh: command not foundâ

So, I did an echo of $PATH.  The result was missing all the cygwin paths (/usr, /bin, â), but included windows paths:  (if you were wondering about the statement at the top, this was typed in manually)

/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/roe2/My Documents/bin
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/LLNL/VisIt 1.11.0
/cygdrive/c/Perl/site/bin
/cygdrive/c/Perl/bin
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Attachmate/RSecure/
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0
/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/cvsnt
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem/
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Hummingbird/Connectivity/14.00/Accessories/
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Hummingbird/Connectivity/14.00/NFS Maestro/
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/CVSNT/
/cygdrive/g
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/CUBIT 12.0/bin
/usr/lib/lapack

I know I included what looks like two problems here, but I am fairly sure they are linked and I wanted to include as much info as possible.

I donât understand why the path is missing, any guidance on how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

-Kevin