Re: cygwin1.7 and Eclipse CDT?

On 3/15/2010 1:44 PM, Danilo Turina wrote:
On 15/03/2010 18.23, Bernd Prager wrote:
Has anybody gotten Eclipse C++ CDT to run with Cygwin 1.7.?

Yes, it works for me.
I have the latest version of Eclipse Galileo (3.5.2?) and I've Cygwin 1.7 up to date.

Notice, anyway, that I don't heavily use it (e.g. I compile only one file at time choosing "Build selected item" on project explorer).

I hadn't to do anything strange to make Eclipse recognize Cygwin 1.7 (anyway notice that I previously had Cygwin 1.5).

It's worth noticing that with the default Eclipse configuration I wasn't able to compile using gcc/g++.

This was due to the fact that in Cygwin 1.7 gcc, g++, etc. are symbolic links (alternatives?) that are marked as executables. This causes Eclipse to believe they are Win32 executables and make it to try to execute them (Eclipse doesn't understand Cygwin's symlinks).

To fix this (but maybe this has already been discussed in this list), in Eclipse preferences just change the references to gcc, g++ putting instead the names of the real executables (g++-3, gcc-3, etc.)

Ciao,
    Danilo

Thank you Danielo! That closed that case for me. :)