Re: Remotely run GUI shows up incorrectly on Cygwin 1.7.1

On 3/16/2010 10:30 AM, Dan Sandberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded a computer running XP Embedded to Cygwin 1.7.1.
> When I ssh from another computer, and run a graphical program (such as
> the calculator included in Win XP), it doesn't display correctly.
>
> If I run the program from a local ssh shell, it does display correctly.
> Here's a picture which shows both a locally run instance (bottom left)
> and a remotely run instance (top right).
>
> http://giraff.org/calc2.jpg
>
> I have given the sshd service permission to interact with the desktop.
> I downgraded to Cygwin 1.5.5 and didn't have this problem.
>
> I tried de-installing and re-installing the service with cygrunsrv
> --remove and --install, but it didn't help.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  Perhaps a bug in the latest Cygwin?

Could this be a problem in the environment, such as the setting for $TMP
or $TEMP?  Maybe one or both of those point to a location for which
calc.exe has no permission to write.  Try setting those both to /tmp
when performing your remote testcase.

-Jeremy