Re: 1.7.2-1: Problems with regtool and cyglsa.

On Mar 24 10:33, David Rothenberger wrote:
> I'm having two problems with cygwin-1.7.2-1:
>  * regtool get returns "Error (2): The system cannot find the file
>    specified."
>  * cyglsa appears to break by system
>
> I'm using Windows XP SP3. I upgraded to cygwin-1.7.2-1 and then ran
> cyglsa-config, which failed because of this problem:
>
> % regtool get
> '/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Lsa/Authentication
> Packages'
> Error (2): The system cannot find the file specified.

I fixed that in CVS.  I'm puzzled that this hasn't been encountered
with 1.7.1.  regtool didn't change at all between 1.7.1 and 1.7.2.
The bug is present since 2009-12-16.

I'll release a 1.7.2-2 ASAP.

> The result was the Authentication Packages value was set just to
> "c:\cygwin\bin\cyglsa\cyglsa.dll". I fixed this in regedit so the
> value was "msv1_0 c:\cygwin\bin\cyglsa\cyglsa.dll" and then
> rebooted. This is when the fun began.
>
> After reboot, the system completely misbehaved. It took a long time
> to get to the login prompt. Login was very slow. Sound was
> disabled. Network drives were not connected. The task bar never
> appeared. I could not view entries in the Event Viewer. Fortunately,
> I was able to Windows-R to run regedit and remove cyglsa from
> Authentication Packages. My system was fine after reboot.

I can not reproduce this problem.  I just installed cyglsa on one of my
test machines (well, with the *fixed* regtool, that is), and after
reboot the machine worked fine and with the usual speed, including LSA
authentication.

Corinna

Red Hat