Re: MySQL client, prompt, redux

"Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> was heard to say:

What do you mean by "local server"? If you mean a Win32-native server, that case is clearly noted in the mysql Cygwin README. If you mean the mysqld which is provided by the Ports package, further discussion thereof would be welcome on the cygwin-ports-general list.

I'm sorry I wasn't explicit enough here. The problem occurs if I connect to a Win32 mysqld. I don't use the Cygwin mysqld at this time.

I thought I'd mention this limitation because people may try the Cygwin client and go like "great, this !#**# doesn't work either" if they are not aware they have to use the -h option in this particular case. This was not intended to create the impression something's wrong with your port.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka