How to remove those previously downloaded packges?

hi community,

Every time when I was installing a cygwin, I run the setup twice.
The first time is to download only, then the second is to install from local directory.

To doing like this is to keep the installed packages under a specified directory, then later on I can re-install from there if only I need to install cygwin again.

Now the problem is that the installer -- I mean setup.exe keeps those previously downloaded packages. For example, under gcc\gcc-core, there are two files as gcc-core-3.4.4-3.tar.bz2 and gcc-core-3.4.4-999.tar.bz2, actually as we know, gcc-core-3.4.4-3.tar.bz2 is a previously downloaded version, I want it to be removed when a new version is downloaded.

I had thought about writing a script to do the job, but I found it's not good idea, because it's not easy to find out all the old packages, it's subject to the naming convention.

I wonder if the installer could provide a feature to remove those old packages. Thanks for any hint or if there is already this kind of feature.