Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnuplot-4.4.0-1: A command-line driven interactive function plotting utility

--- Gio 13/5/10, Peter Rosin  ha scritto:

> Den 2010-05-13 05:51 skrev Tatsuro
> MATSUOKA:
> > 2. The gnuplot on the release is linked to the GNU
> readline.? Obiously the licence is the gnuplot is
> > not the GPL compatible.
>
> Well, linking with libeditline instead of libreadline will
> not solve this
> issue as the cygwin dll is also GPL. So, if gnuplot is
> deemed to not be
> license compatible, it needs to be removed from the cygwin
> distribution
> altogether.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

http://gnuplot.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/gnuplot/gnuplot/Copyright?revision=1.2

the license seems very open, and our distribution of the source
seems compliant with the requirements.

But of course "I Am Not A Lawyer"

Marco