Re: Cygwin visual brand

--- Mar 18/5/10, Andrew Schulman  ha scritto:

> > Could Christopher and/or Corinna
> please weigh in on this?? There seem to be
> > a lot of ideas and energy behind this project, but I
> don't think the
> > discussion can go much further until we hear from
> them.
> >
> > Is either of you interested in having a redesign of
> cygwin.com?? What would
> > be your criteria for an acceptable redesign?
>
> The silence is deafening, and a bit dispiriting.? My
> reading of the list
> traffic on this question is there's broad agreement that a
> redesign is
> overdue and would provide a nice benefit to the
> project.? All we have to do
> is make some decisions about what we want, and we have kind
> offers of help
> to make it so.
>
> But I don't think we can proceed without some buy-in from
> the project
> co-maintainers.? If they don't want it or don't like
> the result, it'll go
> nowhere and be wasted effort.
>
> So my questions remain.? Christopher and Corinna, if
> you don't think a
> redesign is a good idea, then please tell us that.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew.

my 2 cents.
All your discussion was missing a fundamental point
for a volunteer driven project.
Where is your source/patch for the changing you propose ?

It is not really polite to ask others to change something
without making your effort to do the job.

Regards
Marco

PS: I am not at all surprised that Corinna and CGF
have not wasted any time in answering.