Re: Cygwin visual brand

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Brent Kerr <css@codecamel.com> wrote:
>> To reiterate, I am not interested in collaborating with anyone on web
>> site redesign and, as I said, I don't think a mascot is called for.
>
> Well that's that, case closed :) Thanks for taking the time to

And thanks for trying, Brent. At the very least, you brought attention
to the issue, and it sounds like some kind of update is on the way.
Just for kicks, I looked at the earliest version of the Cygwin website
available in the Wayback Machine. [1]  Not much has changed in ten
years.

Coincidentally, the Samba team announced a redesign of
http://samba.org/ today. [2][3]  It looks pretty sharp! So sometimes
Windows-related open source projects do accept design collaboration.
:-)

-David

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/20000815200506/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
[2] http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-May/155883.html