bash pwd returning windows style paths

Hi,

I'm trying to get the linuxtools Eclipse autoconf plugin to work on Cygwin.
One problem I'm having is that a configure script (from newlib) is calling
pwd which is returning a Windows style path (e.g. c:/something), which
causes it to fail. This appears to be because Eclipse is setting the
environment variable PWD to a Windows style path. This can be reproduced
with:

PWD=c:/cygwin/ sh
$ pwd
c:/cygwin/

I'm just wondering what would be the recommended way to tackle this:

1. Change Eclipse so it sets PWD to a Cygwin style path.
2. Patch the bash pwd builtin so it doesn't return Windows paths.
3. Change the configure script so it uses /usr/bin/pwd instead of the
builtin (which returns the Cygwin style path).
4. Something else?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jon