Re: cygpath behaviour when input is not a path

Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 29 May 2010 16:20, Gary wrote:
> Have you got any particular reason for overriding the
> locale charset with the -C option?

Not particularly. I was just reusing the example from
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html

I don't think what I want to do is going to work, TBH. It goes back to a
the resulting path-style clash. Someone (I think it was you, actually)
suggested script should handle the paths spewed out from the tool,
converting them to Cygwin/Unix style paths. It looks like cygpath tries
to convert every line of (for example) '-f -' though. Since the tool
output is mixed paths and text, I'd hoped cygpath made "intelligent"
guesses about what was and was not likely to be a path.

--
Gary
Non-kook (allegedly)