default terminal (was: Re: "can't create master tty" errors)

On 31 May 2010 17:47, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I don't remember responding to the original message so, if I didn't, I
> apologize.

No worries.

> Thanks, as always, for your amazing support of mintty. ÂI wonder if it's
> time to just make it the default for the cygwin terminal, knowing that
> some windows apps won't work quite right. We seem to get enough
> "Cygwin's terminal emulation suck!" messages that I think they might
> outweigh the counter complaints about some windows apps not working
> correctly.

Not my call of course, although I'm certainly not opposed. I'd need
help with the extra support, but quite a few people have been helping
already (thanks!), so I expect that would be fine. Perhaps as a first
step, mintty could become part of the default install?

Andy