Re: Mail program

Le 29/06/2010 14:24, Refr Bruhl a écrit :

Good Morning

I am in need of of a mail program similar to the mail found in AIX. I am emulating an AIX environment.

I've installed the email, ssmtp and other email apps in the email. I get a segmentation fault for email

I like email as it seems to accept the same parameters and funcitonality as the AIX mail app. I have a multitude of scripts that use the format:

echo ${MESSAGE} | mail -s '${SUBJECT}' ${EMAIL}

Where ${EMAIL} is a comma delimited list of addresses.

I've compiled the mailutils from gnu but I get a different error there which I'll take up with the buildlist-mailutils@gnu.org

which error ?

Anyone got any ideas on how to get email to work without a segmentation fault?

ah! this one ? do you know the origin ?

Where can I obtain the source for email? I've pretty much hit cygwin head first and am not as familiar with it as I am with AIX. My apologies for the newbie questions.

let's try ssmtp w/ /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf configured like this :

mailhub=smtp.<isp>
FromLineOverride=YES
hostname=smtp.<isp>
rewriteDomain=<domain>
root=postmaster
AuthUser=<user>
AuthPass=<pass>
AuthMethod=LOGIN

and w/ /etc/ssmtp/revaliases :

don't forget to run ssmtp-config

alternative w/ msmtp and /etc/msmtprc :

account <isp>
host smtp.<isp>
auth login
password <pass>

account <email1> : <isp>
from <email1>
user <user1>

account <email2> : <isp>
from <email2>
user <user2>

account default : <email1>

don't forget to run msmtp-config

yet another alternative w/ email :

/usr/bin/email \
-r smtp.<sip> \
-m LOGIN \
-u <user> \
-i <pass> \
-n "<comment>" \
-f <email> \

then, for both ssmtp/msmtp, the attached script should work !

I left you the implementation of the -a (attachment) option :-)

Regards,

Cyrille Lefevre
--
mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre-lists@laposte.net