This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mail program
- From: wynfield at gmail dot com
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:01:07 +0900
- Subject: Re: Mail program
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C2AB0BC.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C2B8FF9.email@example.com>
Re: Cyrille Lefevre <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> even w/ mailutils, you'il probably need a sendmail which is provided
> by ssmtp or msmtp...
No,a seperately loaded sendmail would not be necessary
D. Henman has told me that, the Gnu mailutils suite should have everything needed. It has a "sendmail" daemon, a "mail" program to send & receive mail, and a "movemail". For example I could use movemail to fetch mail messages from a yahoo or gmail pop
account, similar to the function "fetchmail" performs.
P.S. I use Gnu Mailutils, Gnu MH (Gnu Mail Handler) which enable emacs to use the MH-E functionality to "compose/edit/read and store" e-mail messages. Once used to emacs' MH-E for mail handling, I think most emacs users would really prefer it over stand
ard firebird or explorer type message handling.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple