This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Possible disconnect between POSIX and Windows ACL permissions (unspecified Owner/Owning Group (????????) + Win32 Errors during cygcheck, ssh, and other apps...)
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:01:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: Possible disconnect between POSIX and Windows ACL permissions (unspecified Owner/Owning Group (????????) + Win32 Errors during cygcheck, ssh, and other apps...)
- References: <4C2C3C04.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 7/1/2010 2:56 AM, John Blum wrote:
$ cygcheck -svr > cygcheck.out
1 [main] id 6644 C:\cygwin\bin\id.exe: *** fatal error - could not
load user32, Win32 error 487
garbled output from 'id' command - no uid= found
Install the 'rebase' package, read the readme, and run rebaseall as directed.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple