This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Sendmail linked to cronlog?
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "Refr Bruhl" <refr_bruhl at yahoo dot com>, "Cygwin Mail List" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:33:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: Sendmail linked to cronlog?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Refr Bruhl"
To: "Cygwin Mail List"
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 13:01
Subject: Sendmail linked to cronlog?
| Ok this is just humorous
| While configure was running for mailutils 2.1 I noticed sendmail was in /usr/sbin
| Thinking that odd, I had not seen a sendmail option in the set up options I did an ls on it
| Its pointing to /usr/bin/cronlog?
Right. That's because cron requires a sendmail and if you install cron on a system
without a mailer then the postinstall script links sendmail to cronlog.
cronlog is written so as to return an error if not called from cron.
If you install ssmtp or exim and run the xxx-config script, it will offer to point
sendmail to ssmtp or exim.
I don't know what mailutils does in that respect.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple