This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: <rpc/rpc.h> missing #include <netinet/in.h> with sunrpc 4.0-3 and cygwin 1.7.5-1
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 01:11:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: <rpc/rpc.h> missing #include <netinet/in.h> with sunrpc 4.0-3 and cygwin 1.7.5-1
- References: <20100629100713.GA18504@sajinet.com.pe> <20100629115036.GF8163@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 6/29/2010 7:50 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> The files /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h and /usr/include/rpc/svc.h are provided
> by the sunrpc package. Unfortunaltey Sam has resigned from the sunrpc
> package maintainership and nobody has picked it up yet, so it's an
> orphaned package which is in need of a maintainer.
I've got cygwin builds of
libtirpc rpcbind rpcgen
which, together, replace and obsolete sunrpc. I just haven't had the
time thoroughly test them such that I'd be comfortable releasing them
into the wild.
But sunrpc itself is...extremely old, which is why these replacement
packages are used on other platforms in preference to it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple