This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-1
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:33:05 -0700
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
New versions of cyrus-sasl and related packages are available.
* Moved the configuration directory from /usr/lib/sasl2 to
/etc/sasl2. The plugins are still in /usr/lib/sasl2. Any
configuration files in /usr/lib/sasl2 will be moved to /etc/sasl2
* Fixed issue that required libsasl2-devel to be installed to
correctly load the plugins.
* Included LDAP plugin in libsasl2-ldap package and SQL plugin in
* Updated to db-4.5.
* New maintainer.
* Switched to cygport framework.
SASL is the Simple Authentication and Security Layer, a method for
adding authentication support to connection-based protocols. To use
SASL, a protocol includes a command for identifying and
authenticating a user to a server and for optionally negotiating
protection of subsequent protocol interactions. If its use is
negotiated, a security layer is inserted between the protocol and
See http://asg.web.cmu.edu/sasl/index.html for more information.
Note that downloads from sourceware.org (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one
nearest to you: http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple