This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin extremely slow after updating from 1.5.1 to 1.7.5
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:44:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin extremely slow after updating from 1.5.1 to 1.7.5
- References: <loom.20100712T025326email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 7/11/2010 9:00 PM, Jet Thompson wrote:
It is now taking over 30 seconds for bash to come up,
whereas in 1.5 it would take 1-2 seconds.
Doing an ls of my ~ directory takes 5 seconds.
Running a cucumber test takes 5-6 minutes.
Any idea what could be causing this?
At this point, I can not use Cygwin for development.
Not feasible to use such a slow environment.
Hope someone may have some good ideas.
I am using an older XP machine, but still it is
dual 2.8 Xeon processors, 800MHz bus, 7200rpm
sata hard drive with 8MB cache. It is painful
to see such dismal performance.
This is typically the result of <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple