This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.5 cannot bg mintty
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:06:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.7.5 cannot bg mintty
- References: <4BF1B307.email@example.com> <AANLkTinQuDlPPsrL51C-fAhQRegeXxr7suIny2Hfc1d7@mail.gmail.com> <20100530060043.GC3251@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
On 30 May 2010 07:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:32:23PM +0100, Andy Koppe wrote:
>>There's also another issue with the ^Z not taking effect immediately
>>due to signal handling being disabled while mintty waits for Windows
>>events, but that would require some fairly major restructuring to fix,
>>so leaving that for later.
Fixed in mintty 0.8-beta1, now available from mintty.googlecode.com.
>> Looking at rxvt, the right thing to do is a
>>select() on the pty device and /dev/windows instead of mintty's
>>current approach using multiple threads and
> ...assuming that still works. ÂI wonder if anyone has used that
> interface in the last few years.
> But, then, I dunno. ÂMaybe rxvt uses it.
Yep, rxvt does use /dev/windows; I double-checked via /proc/<id>/fd.
XWin uses it too. It allowed getting rid of quite a bit of complexity
in mintty's I/O handling code.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple