This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: nasm-2.08.02-1
- From: Dean Scarff <dos at scarff dot id dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:59:39 +0800
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: nasm-2.08.02-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The cygwin package of nasm has been updated to version 2.08.02. This
is the latest stable upstream version available from http://nasm.us/
The Netwide Assembler, NASM, is an 80x86 and x86-64 assembler designed
for portability and modularity.
In addition to the upstream changes noted below, the I have re-added
the "-f gnuwin32" output format switch to the Cygwin package, in order
to retain compatibility with build scripts engineered around this
previously-necessary workaround. It now behaves identically to "-f
win32" except that it uses a ".o" output extension.
Excerpts from the upstream changelog, since 2.06:
- A number of enhancements/fixes in macros area.
- Support for converting strings to tokens.
- Fuzzy operand size logic introduced.
- Fix COFF stack overrun on too long export identifiers.
- Fix Macho-O alignment bug.
- Fix crashes with -fwin32 on file with many exports.
- Fix stack overrun for too long [DEBUG id].
- Fix incorrect sbyte usage in IMUL (hit only if optimization flag
- Append ending token for .stabs records in the ELF output format.
- New NSIS script which uses ModernUI and MultiUser approach.
- Visual Studio 2008 NASM integration (rules file).
- Warn a user if a constant is too long (and as result will be
- The obsoleted pre-XOP AMD SSE5 instruction set which was never
actualized was removed.
- Fix stack overrun on too long error file name passed from the
- Bind symbols to the .text section by default (ie in case if
SECTION directive was omitted) in the ELF output format.
- Fix sync points array index wrapping.
- A few fixes for FMA4 and XOP instruction templates.
- Add AMD Lightweight Profiling (LWP) instructions.
- Fix the offset for %arg in 64-bit mode.
- An undefined local macro (%$) no longer matches a global macro
with the same name.
- Fix NULL dereference on too long local labels.
- NASM is now under the 2-clause BSD license.
- Fix the section type for the .strtab section in the elf64 output
- Fix the handling of COMMON directives in the obj output format.
- New ith and srec output formats; these are variants of the bin
output format which output Intel hex and Motorola S-records,
- rdf2ihx replaced with an enhanced rdf2bin, which can output
binary, COM, Intel hex or Motorola S-records.
- The Windows installer now puts the NASM directory first in the
PATH of the "NASM Shell".
- Revert the early expansion behavior of %+ to pre-2.06 behavior: %+
is only expanded late.
- Yet another Mach-O alignment fix.
- Don't delete the list file on errors. Also, include error and
warning information in the list file.
- Support for 64-bit Mach-O output.
- Fix assert failure on certain operations that involve strings with
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple