This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Regression in .exe extension handling
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:09:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: Regression in .exe extension handling
- References: <1277766496.7412.18.camel@YAAKOV04> <4C292D35.email@example.com> <1277780070.7412.231.camel@YAAKOV04> <20100629084337.GA8163@calimero.vinschen.de> <4C29FB20.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 07:54 -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> Most likely, the hole is in coreutils' exe magic. Looks like I'll be
> working on a coreutils-8.5-3 today...
Since apparently that hasn't happened yet, let me add that the same
thing is not limited to files, but happens with a directory as well:
mkdir foo bar
mv bar foo
Once again, the right 'bar' is chosen by 'mv' but the .exe is
erroneously appended due to the presence of bar.exe.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple