This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin command line takes a long time to start
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:30:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin command line takes a long time to start
- References: <20100722171413.GA943@ns.sdsitehosting.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 7/22/2010 1:14 PM, John Oliver wrote:
After opening the Cygwin shell, I get the black box and a blinking
underscore for ten or fifteen seconds before the prompt appears. How
would I go about figuring out what the delay is all about?
Are you running bash? Have you installed the bash-completion package?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple