This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-specific gcc question
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:09:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin-specific gcc question
- References: <4C476C7C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 21/07/2010 22:54, Eric Blake wrote:
> Is there any sane reason that:
> gcc -E -dD -o - foo.c
> generates ./-.exe on cygwin, rather than outputting to stdout like on
> every other platform? This tripped up an autoconf test. Fortunately,
> removing '-o -' appears to be portable.
I've seen that too, but didn't know that the malbehaviour of this (and iirc
also -M options) was cygwin-specific at all. Would you file a PR upstream please?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple