Re: a2ps on Cygwin quietly exits with code 127 on Windows 7

On 7/26/2010 11:53 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
On 23/07/2010 21:23, Beau Nanaz wrote:
Greetings.

I have a new Windows-7 machine and one of the first things I downloaded
was Cygwin, making sure to include a2ps and ps2pdf.

Unlike the flawless running (after diddling $HOME/.a2ps/a2psrc) I had
under my previous XP box, This one is misbehaving: It does nothing
visible, even for a2ps --version.

Try installing libintl2. a2ps.exe depends on that very old version but doesn't mention it explicitly in its setup.hint dependencies. (Probably it used to get pulled in by default anyway by some other package but now the last other thing that used to use v2 of libintl has been updated to a more recent one so there's nothing left to cause it to be installed any more.)

     cheers,
       DaveK

YEOWW! That did it. My problem has been solved - I just ran it ant then ran that through ps2pdf. Beautiful!!

Thank you! Now where is there an FAQ on a2ps so we can add that to the list. I can't be the only one banging my head against the wall on this issue. (And whatever nomm de guerre I am using, my first name is *not* Harvey. ;-)

--
|- In perpetual pursuit of undomesticated aquatic avians -|