Re: ld didn't find self compiled libxml

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL !

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 18:42 +0200,
cygwin.20.maillinglist@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> I'm not an expert on compiling things for cygwin. Normally configure, make,
> make install work fine. But not now.
>
> I tried to compile a program which needs libxml support.

libxml-1.x is ancient, from the GNOME 1.x days; you shouldn't be using
it for *anything*.

> I compiled and installed the libxml myself. While running configure everything is ok.
>  The libxml is found. But when I try to build the program
> I get the following error.

That means your libxml is not where gcc expects it.  If you configured
libxml without arguments, then it will be in /usr/local/lib, and you
would need to add -L/usr/local/lib to the link command.

But again: you should NOT use libxml-1.  Distros which ship this xml2
program use a patch to port it to use the current libxml2, which is
already in the distro.  Install cygport and libxml2-devel (and their
dependencies) with setup.exe and use the attached .cygport to build
xml2.

Yaakov