This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Should mintty's copy-on-select option be on by default?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: "JOHNER Jean 066030" <Jean dot JOHNER at cea dot fr>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:56:07 +0400
- Subject: Re: Should mintty's copy-on-select option be on by default?
- References: <1299EF3181B10F479D85C328013285240331C4C7@THEZE.intra.cea.fr>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, JOHNER Jean 066030!
> "Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows".
> All the Linux terminals (KDE konsole, Gnome terminal) use copy-on-select
> by default.
> So ...
It's right and useful for streaming terminal (regular command line shell, chat
logs), but it is a big headache for fullscreen applications, even more for
If you want to select something in stream, you likely want to copy it, because
you, literally, can't do anything else with that selection.
For WYSIWYG application, it could be myriad of things, from which replacing
selection with a clipboard content is probably the most wanted one.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 31.07.2010, <8:51>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple