Re: Window shortcut to launch a Mintty login bash on a given directory

On 31 July 2010 15:00, Andy Koppe wrote:

> The window title is changed to the working directory as part of the
> shell prompt, i.e. the PS1 variable, which is set in /etc/profile.
> It's the initial part of it that does it:

> \[\e]0;\w\a\]

> So you could change PS1 to something more to your liking in
> ~/.bash_profile.

> Alternatively, you could mount (part of) the "D:/Documents and
> settings/User_name/My documents/foobar" path to a shorter POSIX path
> in /etc/fstab or /etc/fstab.d/$USER. See
> http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table for
> details.

> You might also want to consider making it your official home
> directory, in which case it would be abbreviated to a tilde in the
> title.

> (This isn't mintty-specific of course.)

Thank you, I will study that more closely.

Btw, I read your minty man where you warn that /etc/profile puts the
folder to $HOME. Perhaps it would be useful that you also describe the
recipe at that place. It is not so easy to guess!

Best regards,

Jean Johner