Re: incompatible environment variable names

Greetings, Nellis, Kenneth!

> Well, *somehow* it got into the Cygwin environment, and cygwin.bat directly
> invokes bash, so I interpret this as bash creating the Cygwin environment.
> Where is the hole in this logic?

Even windows itself creates environment variables inaccessible through CMD.
Still, they are available to running programs.
On another edge, TC(ex. 4NT) shell support variables that not actually
environmental, rather - status variables related to current shell state or
recently happened events.
There's no logic, just usefulness.

--
WBR,