Re: Opening .n extensions

On 8/08/2010 7:23 p.m., Luetta wrote:
[..] When my phone said the files were too
large and was unable to open the files I downloaded them to my computer to
open.  Windows said it needed to go to the internet to obtain the program to
open the file.  I went onto the web and no programs, [save expensive file
extension repair] were to be found.  When I looked up the extension, every
listing had the '.n' extension as yours.  I have attached one of the files so
you can see it.  It has been checked for viruses.  I apologize again for my
ignorance.  I did not know who or where else to ask.  Thank you in advance for
your Job like patience and understanding.

That file does not contain an image, it is only 168 characters long which is far too small to have a useful photo in it. It seems to contain a pointer to a website where you can download the image from, but I don't know the format of the .n file so I'm unsure of the correct link. It will probably be a format specific to that particular cell provider and understood only by their phone software. It looks like the image is supposed to be visible at:

http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672/m1?4q4rdk4Z_/w4~u9Z4~~~4kc3KHRukT

But the server just returns a "file not found" error. Either I didn't figure out the link format correctly, or the image has now expired from the server.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock