Re: Mounting shares that require passwords

On 8/13/10 10:13 AM, Steven Collins wrote:
> I'm attempting to execute "net use" from the bash command prompt in an
> xterm session that was started via the "XWin Server" menu item. The
> 'ps' command lists the TTY as "con", so I wouldn't expect to be using
> a pty. Am I? If so, is there a work around for the problem? I have
> noticed that even if I start a cmd session from cygwin that the
> problem persists.

Anything that's not a real Windows console window is a pty as far as
Cygwin is concerned, and a plain pipe as far as win32 is concerned.
Starting a cmd doesn't fix the issue because that cmd is still talking
to what it sees as a pipe.

You can just start a new console window for "net use" with cygstart; I
believe specifying the password on the command line should be fine.
Another option is trying the conin program, which uses black magic to
give a program a real console for input.