Re: compiling binutils misses sys/user.h

> I try to compile binutils. It complaints a missing sys/user.h.
>
> On linux it would find it in "/usr/include/sys/user.h".
>
> What is the way to go on Cygwin?

A question with an answer pays ten times. So here we go for the archives:

The solution is to set the host to the appropriate value. AFAIK it is
autodetected by ./configure, as long as you don't set it manually to a
wrong value as I did (indirectly).

The host for cygwin is i686-pc-cygwin.

Once it is set right the configure excludes modules that depend on
kernel stuff like user.h. A kernel is simply not part of Cygwin.

Al