Re: .exe magic reloaded

> The magic is to *add* the .exe suffix automatically, not *removing* it

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!

That is one point I missed. The magic is still more limited than I
assumed. It felt to work bidirectional.

I have tested this. The unidirectonal magic also works for symlinks,
if the symlink has the .exe suffix itself.

Back to the starting point. It follows the sysmlink should be:

/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/bin/tr.exe -> /home/prefix/gentoo/bin/tr.exe

   instead of

/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/bin/tr -> /home/prefix/gentoo/bin/tr.exe

Then it would proxy all available .exe magic and even Perls
"Configure" would work.

This means that not only the Perl package but also my Coreutils
package should be optimized.

> when you specified it wrongly. ?If you think that further, you would
> also expect that I can open a file foo.txt by calling `vim foo.txt.exe'.

If foo.txt is not executable it would not be expanded.

Thank you very much Corinna

Al