Re: rsnapshot running with unix hosts

Why?  Windows still works as usual.  Only applications explicitely
asking for case-sensitivity, like Cygwin, will actually use it.

Reading the below made me think this may create issues with applications already in use on the system and fundamentally alter the function of the OS. Also, rebooting isn't ideal. I understand with your clarification above that this shouldn't cause issues on the OS for maintaining a separate directory with case-sensitive backups so I'll schedule a reboot.

"Also, be aware that using two filenames which only differ by case might result in some weird interoperability issues with native Win32 applications. You're using case-sensitivity at your own risk. You have been warned!"

Case sensitivity requires OS support. So the answer is yes.

Thanks for your help!