Re: Cygwin instabilities

Al <oss.elmar@googlemail.com> was heard to say:

No that is not the way to go. I think there are people which run
Cygwin on more than 1 machine, so they have a personal estimation and
experience.

Yes, and this is where the Cygwin archives come in handy. If there are users running Cygwin on lots of machines, they are likely to run into problems once in a while, and they're likely to use the list for reporting these problems. If Cygwin was as instable as you apparently suspect, you'd find plenty of reports in the archives. I haven't noticed any such large-scale reports about instabilities in several years of lurking on this list, but your thorough perusal of the archives may well prove me wrong.

regards,
Markus

-- Markus Hoenicka http://www.mhoenicka.de AQ score 38