Re: distro "apache2" will not start

Al wrote:
The apache2 package is orphaned for this long period of time already.
Maybe it's time to pull it from the distro, unless somebody would
like to take over maintainership.

There is an oss freak in Thuringia, currently working out the idea of a common patch repository to bring the DRY principle to patch maintenance and to lower the work for each Distro. I think the idea is interesting at least and could help in cases like this.

http://www.metux.de/download/oss-qm/normalized_repository.pdf

Al

--

Al:
This sounds like the reduce work on future maintenance might be a blessing. As for orphaning the product, I would hate to see that happen..My current version is presently 1.3.22 and I have on many occasions attempted to build a version 2 apache only not to make it. It was only within the past two years I discovered that a version 2 was available so I put this project on my to do list.

The MAJOR reason I'm hanging on 1.3.22 for cygwin is that it supports true Unix-style symbolic links. It saves a lot of data movement and/or duplication.

If you don't have anyone to volunteer the work on apache 2, I'll just keep my 1.3.22 system. It has been a very reliable product. I don't use any transaction nor SSL.apps.

P.S. I can't volunteer any time on this due to my health.

-- http://genealogy.mcferrin.org/ # McFerrin Family History, Public View