xfig with cygwin

Hello,

I am using xfig on Windows machines (xp and 7). In the last year or two
I have problems with figures when I draw patterns and then export them.
Namely in the dvi or ps files, the lines or some parts of patterns
become so thick that the pattern is not recognizable, actually half
black. It seems that it is not a problem of xfig, because if I run it on
a unix machine and export the figures (eps, pstex etc), then everything
is ok. I have not had this pattern problem before 2009. Is there some
bug in cygwin or maybe somewhere else?

With kind regards,

Roman