Re: nodosfilewarning not working

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 06:24:43PM -0700, Autotoonz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>It's best to eschew the annoyance and conspiracy theories if you don't
>>completely understand what's going on and actually want help.
>
>A fair comment, although I'm still puzzled as to how nobody can explain
>why this fails

You haven't provided the exact steps to show what doesn't work.  This:

>>On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 05:49:31PM -0700, Autotoonz wrote:
>>>Here is the command line I'm running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login
>>>C:\test\test.sh

isn't much to go on.  If you just type if from the CMD prompt you get
the expected warning.  What, precisely, did you do which you expected
to work?  You need to show the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

>>c:\>set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
>>c:\>C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login C:\test\test.sh
>>
>>You may need to create a .bat file if you want to just do the latter.
>
>As per my original post, this most definitely does *not* work.  Have
>you tried this yourself yet?

Yes, I tried it.  I tried it from the CMD prompt (which is where I
tested this when I first implemented it) and I tried it from a .bat
file.  Both work as expected, i.e., no warning.

cgf