Re: Build Graphviz

On 14 October 2010 04:01, Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
<yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 00:40 +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>> What means 'leave to cygport', ?does you mean I just need to run
>> cygport and the tool will pickup correct patches without my
>> interfering?
>
> cygport will apply all patches listed in PATCH_URI when unpacking the
> sources.
>

> Yaakov
>

> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/docs.html

Thanks Yaakov! It seems that I succeeded following the README file in
the graphviz port package.  I uncompress the package into the /usr/src
followed by doing a 'cygport graphviz-*.cygport download' and 'cygport
graphviz-*.cygport all'.

The process seems quite successful except after run I still don't get
the graphviz installed.  I have to launch the cygwin setup.exe and
point it to the local directory of /usr/src and then do a installation
for packages found there.  Is this normal?

And, a little strange is, there are so many packages (*.tar.bz2) found
in my /usr/src directory, more than those generated from graphviz
build process as the README noted, these packages includes boots-*
freetype-*  gcc-testsuite-*.  I don't why I have these packages in the
/usr/src and I can remember that I did not touched /usr/src directory
before.  Do you have a clue?

Thank you again.

-
narke