Re: Cygwin and AVG

On 11/13/2010 12:21 PM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
After the update from AVG9 Free to AVG 2011 Free, I notice a great slow
down using Cygwin. A few applications, like 'wget' and 'python', are
marked as 'malaware' by the new AVG (surely false positives), and now
building things take much more time. For example, a full bootstrap of
Emacs, takes more than an hour. Under AVG9, instead, it took *only*
about 25 minutes.
Has Cygwin people ideas/tricks on how avoid this?
Perhaps is time to change AV?

I've noticed the same thing. I've also started seeing problems that look like BLODA. I just uninstalled AVG and am trying Avast instead.

Ken