Re: NetAPP / cygwin 1.7.7-1 avoid Recycle BIN dot files

Try the latest developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

> How do we know If cygwin recognizes our netapp as netapp? (Mount says CIFS or VFAT)

Then it doesn't.  Note that not all Netapps are recognized because...

> How can we force the mount as netapp to avoid these recyle bin files and make rmdir to delete directly.

... the file system info Netapps return depends on some server settings,
and the info is ambiguous.  It's very annoying, for instance, that
Netapps, Samba and others return a file system type of "NTFS" or "FAT",
rather than to return something *unique*, like "Netapp XXL", or "Samba
3.5.3".  That makes life so much harder to figure out the filesystem and
its capabilities.

Anyway, if the latest snapshot does not solve your problem, install
the csih package from the distro (probably you already have it) and
run

  $ cd <path-to-some-directory-on-the-netapp>
  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo .                <-- note the dot

and paste the output into your reply.

Corinna

Red Hat