Re: sshd problem with recent snapshots

On Nov 17 09:56, Ken Brown wrote:
> >The failing chmod(/dev/tty1, 0622) is actually trying to change the
> >permissions on internal objects, like events, mutexes, and pipes, which
> >together constitute a tty/pty.
>
> Here are some more data points:
>
> 1. I have access to four computers with Cygwin installations, and I
> can reproduce the problem on all four (including the fact that the
> problem occurs with the 9-17 snapshot but not the 9-12 snapshot).
> The computers all have similar setups and all run XP SP3, so this
> may not mean much.
>
> 2. To rule out the most common form of BLODA, I uninstalled the
> anti-virus software on one of the computers.  This made no
> difference.
>
> 3. All four systems have two parallel Cygwin installations.  I
> removed the second installation on one of them.  This made no
> difference.
>
> I realize that you can't debug this if you can't reproduce it.  Is
> there anything I can try?  I don't have much programming/debugging
> experience, but I'm pretty good at following directions.

Right now, I really don't know.

Hmm.  Except, maybe, since you seem to be set up to build Cygwin from
CVS, could you start building the 09-12 version from CVS and then just
add one change from CVS at a time using

  cvs up -D 'yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM'

as filter until you encounter the problem?  An interesting situation to
test would be, if you have the state after this change:

  2010-09-12  Corinna Vinschen  <...>

    * sec_acl.cc (acl_worker): Remove.
    (acl32): Implement acl_worker functionality here.
    (lacl32): Just return -1 with errno set to ENOSYS.
    (lacl): Ditto.
    * include/cygwin/acl.h (lacl): Remove this call.

and then just add this single change from the first 2010-09-13 checkin:

    * fhandler_tty.cc (fhandler_tty_slave::init): Use tty::setpgid method.

Then, finally, add the entire 2010-09-13 checkin.  At which point
exactly does Cygwin keel over?

Corinna

Red Hat