Re: Problem with date after date is modified in scripts

On Nov 13 10:03, Raman Ravi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a test harness, on WIndows 2k3, which has 3 sh scripts (the terminal
> is using tcsh)
>
> runtests
> calls startup.sh
> run.sh
> shutdown.sh
>
> 1. In startup.sh, I have to change the date to 235830 of the current day-
> so I call
>
> date $mm${dd}2358.30
>
> This works fine
>
> 2. After the test is run using run.sh
>
> 3. In shutdown.sh, I set the machine clock back to "normal" by syncing
> with a different server, using
>
> net time "\\TMSERVER" /set /yes
>
> Here is the issue:
> The windows clock shows the correct time but when I run date in
> any shell (newly created or existing)
>
> the date is being returned as though step 3 did not ever happen.
>
> At this point of time, the machine time is 2010-11-13 02:01:00 but
> date in a tcsh/bash is reporting it as
>
> Sun Nov 14 03:37:43 PST 2010
>
> WOuld appreciate some help in understanding and more importantly resolving
> this issue.

This is a shortcoming in Cygwin itself.  You can only workaround it
by setting the date from a Cygwin process for now.  This will only
affect Cygwin processes running in the same user session, though.
There's a TODO in the affected code in Cygwin which describes this
very problem.  Unfortunately this requires a redesign of the code
in question...

Corinna

Red Hat