Re: Cygwin 1.7.7, User Variables, User Profiles

* rudolf.bendl@extern.sdv-it.de (Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:13:14 +0100)
> I try to invoke the "set" command over ssh to a Cygwin 1.7.7 server
> and would expect that I get the variables I have defined in
> $HOME/user/.profile

> TEST=test
> export TEST

That's equivalent to "export TEST=test".

> But I dont see the variables I defined in $HOME/user/.profile. What
> can I do?

Define them in the right place: $HOME/.profile instead of
$HOME/user/.profile. And make sure there is no .bash_profile.

Actually .bash_profile would be even better. And .bashrc would be even
better better (since it's recommended to leave .bash_profile empty
except a source statement for .bashrc (which is the default in Cygwin
anyway)).

Thorsten